Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4 KitKat 10.5.A.0.230 firmware build version may rollout next month instead of the newly certified 10.5.A.0.227 after an XDA forum member confirms testing on prototype devices.
Android 4.4 KitKat 10.5.A.0.230
PTCRB recently certified a new firmware version that runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z but latest reports indicate that the smartphone may receive a different version later on. A screenshot image was posted at XDA developer forum which displayed the new 10.5.A.0.230 prompting a Sony Xperia Z for an update.
According to XperiaBlog, the same firmware build version struck Xperia Z models in Denmark and Malaysia based from users who reported onFacebook. This new software version appeared on a notification which has a size of 307.1 MB. Unfortunately, those users who received the notification cannot download and install the new firmware yet.
XDA member and developer DooMLoRD said that the Android 4.4 KitKat 10.5.A.0.230 for Sony Xperia Z is currently being tested on prototype devices which could be the reason why some users were able to see it on their commercial models but unable to download it.
PTCRB Current Certification
As of the latest, PTCRB certified 10.5.A.0.227 Android 4.4.2 KitKat build version which is the predecessor of the 10.5.A.0.230 reported at XDA developer forum. It has been certified in April 29th for several Xperia Z series including Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z, expected to be released next month.
All devices that will receive the new firmware will move away from version 10.4.1.B.0.109. Here are the devices and models compatible with the newly certified firmware.
– Xperia Z: C6602, C6603, C6606, C6616
– Xperia ZL: C6502, C6503, C6506
– Xperia ZR: C5502, C5503
– Xperia Tablet Z: SGP321, SGP341, SGP351
Android 4.4 KitKat Change Logs
Sony Mobile posted the change logs on their official blog site containing the enhancements and features of Android 4.4.2 KitKat among Xperia Z series. Below is the list of changes based on what Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact received from the new firmware.
1. Standard performance and user interface optimisation from Android 4.4 KitKat.
2. Tweaks for Status Bar and Quick Settings to enable more intuitive and customisable setup.
3. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface such as launch animation and live wallpaper running across the home screen and lock screen.
4. Latest versions of Sony’s entire native app portfolio such as Messaging, My Xperia, Smart Connect, Small Apps, TrackID, Smart Social Camera and more.
5. Enhancements on Sony Media Apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration.
6. Unique customisation option using Xperia Themes app via Sony Select or Google Play Store.