A new update for BlackBerry’s BBM messaging app for Windows Phone is now available for download, and it’s the first such update since the closed beta for the app went live a few days ago for its selected users.
The version number for the app has only changed slightly, from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 and there’s no indication of a change log. Based on that, we would expect that this update is mainly for bug fixes and minor improvements. If you are one of the lucky folks who was accepted into the beta program, let us know if you have noticed any major changes to the app.
BlackBerry has just shared the changelog for this update. Here’s what’s fixed:
- BBM takes too long to open
- Takes too long to switch from old device to a new one
- Cannot send email invites. the invites go into inbox as emails
- Device global language settings don’t appear to be changing all of the text within the BBM app
- WiFi Out of Coverage Windows Phone doesn’t send queued invites/acceptances
- When location is turned off and send location in chat a toast or dialog should appear to inform user and turn the location on
- Group profile picture change not affecting the pinned tile image
- Group tile is splatted, but Contacts Pivot is not